Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hmmmm...4 hours on line to meet the cast of Heroes. Yup, I'm a Geek


















It seemed like only minutes after going to bed at the ridiculously early hour of 10:30 last night that my 5:00 am alarm jolted me out of bed. I tuned on the timer on the stove for an extra twenty minutes of kip, then hopped up, splashed cold water on my face, dressed and grabbed the suitcase full of Billy & Susan’s shower gifts that I’m taking over to London tomorrow. I was in a cab and at work by 5:45. I safely locked up the suitcase, grabbed my camera and hightailed it 1 block over to 49th Street to stand on line to be one of the first to buy the Heroes Season I DVD which was released today, and, much more importantly, to meet and greet some of the cast members who are in NY as part of their world tour. I can't begin to describe my excitement to find that Zachary Quinto (Sylar) was going to be there.

When I embarked on this journey, I was under the mistaken impression that the signing would start at 6:00 am. No, it didn’t start till 9:00. I placed a quick call to the office to leave a voicemail, strangely enough no one was there at 6:30 am, that I would be in a bit late. After enduing four hours of standing, no food, no water, no bathroom breaks, the line began to move. I got verklempt when I finally spotted Zach. Noah (Micah) signed my DVD first, then Tim Sale, the artist who actually created the paintings that Isaac "paints", next up was Zach. I babbled away at him like a school girl and told him that he was the sexist villain EVER. He smiled and said thank you. I wanted to reach over and kiss him, but demurred and shock his hand (I’ll never wash it again). The new Season 2 Hero, Dania Ramirez (Maya) was next, she refused to reveal to me her power...then James (Ando) signed .

Here are a few pictures from the morning. The next to the last one is a picture of the picture that NBC took (they don't have electronic versions available) and sold to me for a King's ransom. In it I happen to be telling Zachary that he's the sexiest villain EVER. The last one is the picture of him while I'm telling him that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wreck me. He looks absolutely terrified!! Thata gurl.

Gil Saunders said...

:) My gaydar went off the charts when I met him.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.